Can Apple or AT&T determine number of call failures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RamblinWreck, Nov 14, 2008.

1. RamblinWreck macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

I'm still plagued with constant failed calls and am reaching the end of my rope. I've tried doing a restore but no luck there on solving the issue. Some believe that the SIM card could create an issue, which I might look into this weekend.

My question:
    Can either AT&T or Apple connect my phone or view my call log and determine the number of failed calls that I have? I feel like this information would make the exchange/fix process go much smoother.

I'd say my failure rate is somewhere between 25-35% which is unacceptable to me. Of course, the other iPhone user in my household isn't experiencing these issues which really makes me think it's my phone and not the network.

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

At the apple store, they can check the percentage of dropped calls. I'm not sure about at the at&t store.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

AT&T can. They can determine the exact tower you were connected to and when it dropped the call. You have to provide them with a date and approximate time of when a call dropped, and they can check your call log.

I called them about this a couple of days ago, and the rep was able to find specific instances of failed/dropped calls. He made up a report so it can be investigated further. I complained about very specific locations, and he was able to identify the specific towers.

Hopefully they will be able to improve things for me....

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

This is correct. The Apple stores have a tool that lets them look at the number of dropped calls, etc, so they can determine if you're really having troubles or not. (Besides the obvious need, apparently a lot of people use dropped calls as a way to get a new phone.)

6. RamblinWreck thread starter macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

Thanks for all of the great info everyone.

Based off of the above it seems like I will be better off going to an apple store. I will do so tomorrow.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If Apple can do it, I am pretty positive an AT&T store can do it...

You could also call AT&T.