Can apple PLEASE stop charging on these upgrades?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hcho3, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't understand why they charge 50 dollars for matte screen? Why why why?

Please stop with this update and make it standard. Ridiculous.

Apple needs to stop being greedy with little things like

Asking more money for 4GB ram on MBA
    charging 50 dollars for matte screen

2. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

If the rumors from the main MacRumors page are correct, just hold your horses on a purchase for a few days, and the prices for most things will come down. :)

3. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Did it ever occur to you that:

1. These extra features cost Apple money.
    2. Apple is in business to make money; not lose it.

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

at least they offer the choice. i cant think of any other manufacturer that even offers a choice in display type when ordering.

but seriously though... you're going to complain about a $50 upgrade that has actual value on a computer you're about to pay ~$2000 for? i can see arguing about their RAM prices especially since you can buy it elsewhere for much cheaper, but $50 for a display choice is quite a bargain, if you ask me.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

I wish the matte option wasn't a BTO but a alternative model. Mainly for the reason of I like to buy MBP's on Amazon.

6. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

amen!

7. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Whats wrong with options....not every1 needs the same config.

Although i do agree that one matte screen should be a base model so amazon is an option.

8. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I'd love to be just as optimistic as the next guy but do you really think that if apple finds ways to cut costs they would lower the prices of their stuff? Common sense says that if your sales are up 20% in an economic recession you keep prices the same or raise them 3%. I wouldn't be shocked if they stayed the same or a few nicer things became standard but lowering prices just seems crazy to me. I realize that you can argue that getting a nice thing for the same price is technically a better value but $2000 is still $2000 or however much you spend. Right? Right.