Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I’ve a query.

I have AppleCare+ for my iPhone X.

I would like to avail express replacement due to issues with overheating. There is no physical damage.

Is it possible for Apple to deny ER due to reasons like below?

Example 1 - The phone passes MRI test. So can they deny it and state there is no overheating?

Example 2 - There are many Apple stores near the house where I’m getting my ER delivered. Is that a problem?

Example 3 - If a phone was bought in UK but has AppleCare+. And then the person is on a trip in USA, staying with a friend and wants to get ER done and delivered to the US address. Can they deny ER stating that the phone wasn’t purchased in USA?

Can somebody please shed light on the above?

I would much appreciate it. I’m really anxious.

Aakshey

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Seriously...a call to Apple would clear this up pretty quickly.

I’m genuinely interested......is there some reason you don’t want to make that call?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Because every time I ask them they seem to be clueless.

Once I got an agent who said AC+ wasn’t international and warranty was restricted to the country of purchase. I informed her she was mistaken. She checked again and admitted her mistake.

In my experience with Apple such incidents are more common than you finding a good agent. And I’ve tried Apple customer support (phone and chat both) in several continents.

I would rather ask somebody who has first hand experience with the above.

Reactions: ventmore

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Sorry to hear you’ve had so many problems when dealing with Apple customer services......I’ve never had anything less than first class service from both AppleCare, and their general customer service team.

rican

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Party in the USA
Of course Apple could deny you ER. If your phone passes inspection then there may not be anything truly wrong with the device. Erase and reinstall fresh.

Reactions: DevinNj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.