Can Apple sue this company for false advertising?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Hatchet, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

Can Apple crack down on this company showing macs crashing acting like PC's?

I saw this the other day when I was watching tv later at night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YRBzz_4Hg

If you notice, most of the computers are macs but running windows.

Also, it says this service is for only PCs only.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The funny part is, I bet they could only re-enact that with an Apple. Ahh hahaha.

3. skiesforme macrumors 6502

skiesforme

Apple won't even bother about a moronic startup company like that. Sueing them would waste time and money on lawyers :D

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Nah I'm thinking this is totally legal, as you can install Windows on a Mac and none of the Apple logos are viewable on the computers (unlike the Dell).

5. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Though slightly inaccurate, I think the commercials are funny. I don't watch TV, but I hear them on the radio all the time. The guy's like "Don't you just hate it when you buy your computer and it's really fast, then it slows down after a few months? I hate that, that must just be how it goes with computers." and I always think to myself..."Nope! Not mine!"

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Sure you can install Windows on some Macs, just not the ones in the ads* (iMac G5 and iBook).

*unless you use virtual PC, blah blah.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly, Dell would be more likely to sue as it clearly shows their logos, where as all the apple pcs have their logos hidden, so, people will associate Dells as being slow, well, more than they do at the moment...

EDIT:It's like on certain TV shows, if you don't show a logo, you don't have to get permission, if you watch scrubs, all the laptops (powerbooks or macbook pros) have the apple logo covered by a sacred heart logo.