Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
hey guyz need a little help. i had jailbroken my 4s. it got some hardware problem. i restored it so that it should be in factory settings. i took it to Apple store and they said that its software has been tempered. they said that the files of thie iPhone isnt showing up on our device. whats the story behind this. can some one tell me. thanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you restore, choose set up as new and do not restore to any backup, the phone should be clean.

If you skip a step, there might be some remainders from jailbreak.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you didn't restore it as new before you took it to apple. you restored from a backup and you left pieces of your jailbreak for the nice genus to find.. ;)

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
you didn't restore it as new before you took it to apple. you restored from a backup and you left pieces of your jailbreak for the nice genus to find.. ;)

lol i am not dumb:p i did restore and set it up as a new phone!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thousands upon thousands of members of the jailbreak community have taken previously jailbroken but cleanly restored iPhones into the Apple Genius desk with no issues what-so-ever.

Gotta side with you, Juice :D

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I call BS on that.
If you restore and setup as new how would they say that "its software has been tempered".
Either you're making it up or the rep that assisted you gave you a bunch of BS to get rid of you.

Well frankly speaking apple doesn't pay me to make up that. I totally agree with you he was giving bs as he got rid of me and didn't solve my problem. I was asking whether it can be done or not. Coz I didn't blv him either.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well frankly speaking apple doesn't pay me to make up that. I totally agree with you he was giving bs as he got rid of me and didn't solve my problem. I was asking whether it can be done or not. Coz I didn't blv him either.

I hear you.
Sounds like he fed you a story to get rid of you instead of solving your problem. There's always bad reps that instead of helping a customer they like to sit there and argue with them instead and do as less work as possible till their shift is over.
I'd go back again and hope you get someone helpfull.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I had my iPod touch (4th gen) jailbroken, and had to take it in to be looked at for light leaks, and I restored and got rid of the jailbreak and the Genius had no idea. There is NO way of knowing that the phone has been jailbroken once you reset it and wipe the jailbreak away.

I've had friends that took their jailbroken iPhone in, without getting rid of the jailbreak, and the Genius didn't even say anything (must of been a cool Genius) I think it's to the point now where Apple realizes that people ALL OVER jailbreak. Of course I would never bring in my phone to an Apple store without getting rid of the jailbreak first, just to be safe.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I'm surprised that Apple is not logging UDIDs of jail broken phones thru the App Store and then denying service in the future.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
I'm surprised that Apple is not logging UDIDs of jail broken phones thru the App Store and then denying service in the future.

Apple is smart enough not to do that. They'd lose a ton of customers. People who jail break want to customize their phone. take Apps away from them?

100% they'll Jump to Android and Windows Phone

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Apple is smart enough not to do that. They'd lose a ton of customers. People who jail break want to customize their phone. take Apps away from them?

100% they'll Jump to Android and Windows Phone

If they did that then people who don't use Installous would be forced to.

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer

Or why not ask to speak to the manager? The genius called your bluff. He feed you a bs story and you bit by not causing a scene about not knowing what the hell he was talking about.

What if he said that to the soccer mom sitting next to you, what kind of reaction do you think she would have to that statement?

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I hear you.
Sounds like he fed you a story to get rid of you instead of solving your problem. There's always bad reps that instead of helping a customer they like to sit there and argue with them instead and do as less work as possible till their shift is over.
I'd go back again and hope you get someone helpfull.

yeah i am going to do the same :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.