Can Apple tell?....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bludragon06, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I tried to update to the latest 4.3.1 and neither my mac nor my pc could restore or update. It keeps kicking out error 1013. So I was gonna bring my phone down to the geniuses in my area and see if they can get it to restore.

My question is that my phone was jailbroken before I tried to update. Can they tell it was jailbroken once it goes into recovery mode? Its got the USB cable and the itunes thingy on the screen! Man this sucks. Please help.

-Dave

2. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

They'll help. I brought in a jailbroken device stuck in recovery mode 2 days ago and she did all she could to restore it.

When I came in like 3 months ago because I had dropped my iPhone 4 and the front was shattered my phone was still jailbroken. Cydia and installous was on the front page and my touch screen still worked and the apple genius guy saw it and replaced it in less than a minute with a new phone. He didn't ask questions or anything.

They don't seem to mind jailbroken devices.

3. bludragon06 thread starter macrumors regular

Was she able to restore the phone or did you get a new one? Was the device kicking the 1013 code? Thanks for your quick reply!
    -Dave

4. tangokim macrumors member

go into hosts file n delete gs.apple

5. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Unfortunately mine was an error 28 where it was an internal hardware problem so she couldn't get it to work. And no mine was an iPhone 3G so its 2 years old and wasn't under warranty anymore. She offered me the $199 replacement though.

However I read at this link in the comments that someone brought their error 1013 phone to Apple and the genius guy got it to restore:

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2011/03/12/fix-iphone-error-1013/

Hope I helped!

6. iConnor macrumors member

A simple google search about your error 1013 will help you get it updated without going to apple.

7. bludragon06 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Amanda and everyone else that helped. Saved me a trip to apple. It finally restored. I followed the steps in the etc folder where you put a # in front of the gs.apple.com. It worked like a charm. Now to re jailbreak! LOL