Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Hi, I'm wondering if I can rec. with my iphone 4s and be able to feed live on to a display. Will apple tv help me with this or there is an app. for my situation, can someone help? thanks.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Hi, I'm wondering if I can rec. with my iphone 4s and be able to feed live on to a display. Will apple tv help me with this or there is an app. for my situation, can someone help? thanks.

Yes. I just tried it and it will display what you're recording right on your TV, via AirPlay Mirroring. Keep in mind AirPlay Mirroring will only work with an iPhone 4S or an iPad 2.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Cool that's what I'll need, is there a way to use more than one devise and split the display. We're trying to display on the projector life event during new years. Different games etc., if I can display only one that's cool but multiple would be better.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
That, I don't know. As you can see in my signature, I no longer own an iPad, so I have no way of testing that out. Hopefully someone with both devices can see if a split screen is available, although I doubt it because AirPlay appears to connect to one device at a time only. But I could be wrong, you never know.

peterjcat

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Cant Real Racing 2 do 4 player split screen AirPlay?

It can, but the video is only coming directly from one device -- the iPad 2, which hosts all of the other devices and renders video for all of them. For now, AirPlay can only accept one incoming stream at once.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
We're trying to display on the projector life event during new years. Different games etc., if I can display only one that's cool but multiple would be better.
AirPlay mirroring will mirror the iPhone's screen, so could project what is displayed by the camera app, but you'll have the camera button on screen too which is a bit crap. Ideally there would be an app on the App Store which fills the display with input from the camera...

Cool that's what I'll need, is there a way to use more than one devise and split the display.
Airplay mirroring just display's what's on the device's display, and that's the only way to get video out (other that movie streaming, which obviously isn't useful).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.