Can Apple Watch burn?

RStolpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Sweden
hi,
When I have my Apple Watch on my wrist it feels like it’s burning under the watchhead from time to time.

Is that even possible?

When I take it off to feel if the watch is warm or something it’s cold so the watch itself is cold.

So I’m thinking three things:
1. The watch is sitting to tight, I have ordered a new wristband to it that’s bigger.
I think this because sometimes when I take the watch off I have marks on my arm from the watch.

2. The watch are giving me electronic shots, but I don’t think it’s possible or is it?

3. My wrist is not use to have something on it so this is just something to get use to I have never been wearing a watch before.

RStolpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Sweden
Burning from the heat?

Cleaning the device https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204522

Possible skin sensitivity
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204665

I would suggest try to clean it often. It’s possible it’s tight on your wrist so loosen it up a little bit. Or possibly skin sensitivity if you feel like a slight pinch or “electric shot”. Try to use it on your other wrist.
It’s more like a sting or something not burning.
My skin is not red or something like that but I have a thought that my wristband is to tight but I can’t release it anymore because I’m on the last hole.

I have ordered a bigger one.

I’ll try it on my other wrist but that wrist is bigger then the one that I have my watch on.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
hi,
When I have my Apple Watch on my wrist it feels like it’s burning under the watchhead from time to time.

Is that even possible?

When I take it off to feel if the watch is warm or something it’s cold so the watch itself is cold.

So I’m thinking three things:
1. The watch is sitting to tight, I have ordered a new wristband to it that’s bigger.
I think this because sometimes when I take the watch off I have marks on my arm from the watch.

2. The watch are giving me electronic shots, but I don’t think it’s possible or is it?

3. My wrist is not use to have something on it so this is just something to get use to I have never been wearing a watch before.
I am voting for number 3!

RStolpe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Sweden
5 days in now, the burning has almost stopped. The burning feeling are starting to go away sometimes I can have it but not as much as in the beginning so I guess that this was because my wrist was not use to wearing a watch and maybe also because the "watch head" are pushing in a little.

When it starts to burn I switch wrists and then the "burning" is not at the other wrist so that rules out some kind of defect for the watch.

Also I did trigger the pulse green light manually and I can't feel a thing when it's on and that's the only thing that I can think of that can feel like burning.
And as I don't have any red or other things on my skin besides a "marking" from the "watch head" I can also rule out that I should bee Allergic against it.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
5 days in now, the burning has almost stopped. The burning feeling are starting to go away sometimes I can have it but not as much as in the beginning so I guess that this was because my wrist was not use to wearing a watch and maybe also because the "watch head" are pushing in a little.

When it starts to burn I switch wrists and then the "burning" is not at the other wrist so that rules out some kind of defect for the watch.

Also I did trigger the pulse green light manually and I can't feel a thing when it's on and that's the only thing that I can think of that can feel like burning.
And as I don't have any red or other things on my skin besides a "marking" from the "watch head" I can also rule out that I should bee Allergic against it.
Sounds like you and your watch are going to make it!

Enjoy!

Reactions: akash.nu