Can AT&T do the new HSDPA speeds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barcode252, Jun 15, 2009.

1. barcode252 macrumors newbie

Under there 3g tech page AT&T does not mention the 7.2 mbps that apple mentioned in the keynote.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/technology/3g-umts.jsp

I remember seeing a while back that they were working on implementing that network but have not heard if it was complete. Will we be getting that full speed right away or is that another thing to wait on?

2. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

They don't have freaking mms ready so i wouldn't get my hopes up.

3. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

No, AT&T does not currently support 7.2 mbps throughput, the word is late this year, mid-2010.

However with the 3G_S, you will notice browsing improvements due to the updated hardware.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. barcode252 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I'm not surprised that its not ready but it will be interesting to see when people really start complaining about this. Hopefully the money that apple has been making them has been going towards these network upgrades.

I can see it now....The New Iphone 4G announced at the WWDC 2010 with its revolutionary high speed network...available in 2012

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just so you guys know

AT&T is not the only cell phone company Apple deals with they deal with Cell phone company's around the world and HSDPA 7.2 was not just considered for us but many countries around the world. Actually all of our cell phone company's are sub par compared to cell phones services in many other countries not just AT&T.