Dec 13, 2013
can at&t track my iphone 5s if the locations services is turned off?!?!?!?! :(
and it has no service

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Nope, why did you lose it?

Even if you did have those services turned on, I don't think they help people with stolen/lost phones.

Kakashiomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Nope, why did you lose it?

Even if you did have those services turned on, I don't think they help people with stolen/lost phones.
yes it was brand new i had the sim in it but have not called yet to start my service i was useing it as an ipod until then and i fell asleep in my morning classes it was on my book by my hand and when i woke up everyone was leaving and it was gone some ass walked out with it :mad:

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Sorry to hear this happened, I guess there is no low that a fellow human won't stoop to. File a police report and call the carrier.

Next phone you get: lock it securely, activate it and turn on find my iphone.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
If you had Find my iPhone enabled, your life is about to get better. If not, well, lets just say your day can't get much worse.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Hated those early morning classes. Do they think we farmers or something? :D

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
and it has no service
If the phone has no service, it's not on the network. If it's not on the network, AT&T can't track it, sorry to say.

And unfortunately, even if it had service, it's unlikely AT&T would track it anyway, unless you got a warrant or something. They're kinda peculiar that way.

Kakashiomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
They'd be foolish to help ...

I mean why help find a lost/stolen phone when you can SELL ANOTHER PHONE to the customer? ;)
your ****ing right there actuallly trying to sell me another one wtf acting like they care it got stolen :mad:

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
your ****ing right there actuallly trying to sell me another one wtf acting like they care it got stolen :mad:
How do they know though? Honestly. It was never activated on their network and until it is, they don’t have any connection to the device and they aren’t responsible for it. They may have sold you the device, but that is a different relationship and one that ended when you got the physical device. AT&T is not a law enforcement agent though, and it’s not their job to act like them. You need to contact the police. However unless the phone was activated, you might not get far.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Sadly you're just out of luck. NEVER leave your iPhone out in the open unattended or in a vulnerable position. People know they are worth money and the will steal them. Lesson learned.

Kakashiomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Strange that they didn't activate it when you called them and paid for the phone.
they gave me a separate number to call i was transfering over from t-obile and brining my number with me i had to wait for t-mobile to hand over the number its not something that happens right away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.