Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
When I pick up my new iPhone 4 from ATT can they move all my data, accounts and apps from my old 3GS to my new iPone 4 for me?
I will not have access to iTunes for a while.
I can't pick it up until the 25th so maybe they won't be as busy then if they can do this at all?:confused:

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
When I pick up my new iPhone 4 from ATT can they move all my data, accounts and apps from my old 3GS to my new iPone 4 for me?
I will not have access to iTunes for a while.
I can't pick it up until the 25th so maybe they won't be as busy then if they can do this at all?:confused:
I doubt they'll do that. It has do be done via your own logged in iTunes account.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Nope. You have to backup your old phone with iTunes first, and then restore the backup to the new phone. AT&T cannot do this for you. What's the rush anyway? Why not just wait until you have access to your iTunes. It's not like Apple is going to stop selling iPhone 4 after the 24th.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
They can't do it, they don't have the data to transfer. All they can do is activate. Everything else is in your iTunes backup. However, you can DL and install your apps again, after you sign in with your iTunes account.

Oh, OK.
I forgot about that.
KEWL! thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.