Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SethDon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Im new to the Mac operating system. I am proficient on a PC, but Macs have always captivated my attention. I finally gave into the Macbook. Anyways ---
The Automator application seems phenomenal in theory I just haven't learned all the ins and outs yet, but i see the concept that it was designed for (Jobs = Genius). Long story short I was streaming all of my music over from my PC and it got interrupted twice. I kept streaming to the same folder but it never prompted me to replace existing files of the same name. So I figured it would do it automatically. To my dismay that wasn't the case at all. I now have 9,000 songs and at least 4,000 of which are duplicates/Triplets. I wanted to know if there was some way to streamline the process of deleting and purging all these files out of my Music Folder/Itunes Library, Via the Automator program or any other program you know of.

skydivingcoach

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
TEXAS
iTunes duplicates

Actually iTunes can do this. Just sort by date added (add this field by right clicking in an open area in the iTunes sort fields) and select the files added in error and delete! Itunes also has a show duplicates view. Simply click file in the menubar then select show duplicates. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.