Can barely hear caller

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by val1983, Jul 7, 2012.

1. val1983 macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 4 (about 1.5 years old). Recently I have noticed I can barely hear the caller on the other end. The volume is adjusted to high and still nothing. Not sure if this is a hardware problem, or perhaps there is a way to clean the earpiece?

2. omgwut macrumors 6502

I've noticed this lately with my iPhone 4S, too... Its on max volume and the output just isn't that loud. Sometimes I have to really focus and cover my other ear to hear what someone's saying on it. I don't think it was always like this but I've taken more notice to it lately.

3. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I have noticed this too.... weird. iPhone 4, AT&T. Got it the day of release, if that helps.

5. Liquidtrance macrumors member

Just thought it was me, good to know I'm not the only one. My old phones, when you put them on full volume, you could hear them from across the room so I always kept them at about half volume, but when I got my 4s its been maxed ever since I bought it and its still VERY quiet and hard to hear especially when I am outside or in a busy office. :(