Can barley hear on phone, iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandonjr36, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I have an iPhone 7 love it so far but I just started noticing that I can't hear very well while on the phone with someone. Had the phone since launch day but just started using for calls a lot here latley. Anyone know the problem or a fix?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Possibly related to your coverage? Perhaps where specifically your using the iPhone when making the calls.

Turn off wifi, shut down iPhone, eject Sim. Re-insert Sim, power back on iPhone.

Also, Apple released a software patch recently, which was contributing to LTE issues. Pending your carrier.

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Some have this problem, mostly on Verizon. Try this and see if it works:

Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Enable LTE - Switch from ' Voice & Data ' to 'Data Only'

4. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have Verizon and I had 4-5 bars. But I called my girlfriend and i can hear good on it now. maybe it was the banks phone that was messing up.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Good to hear. Hopefully this fixed the issue.

6. Elwots macrumors member

I don't know who Barley is, but you should probably ask him if he can hear on your phone.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Friend had the same thing. Went to apple twice. a hard reset may or may not work. Even thought it worked by the time we got home his phone was acting the same way.

Replacement!

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

You can barley hear? Wheat seems to be the trouble? Corn you describe the symptoms in detail?

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Quinoa tell me if you've tried disabling "noise cancellation" in the Accessibility settings?