Can Calendar on iPod Have Multiple Calendars..like in iCal & Gcal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Nov 8, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I would love to have more than one calendar on my ipod touch, is this a possibility?

Currently i'm using iCal on my Mac, Google Calendar online (on all other PC's) and the Calendar app on my iPod Touch. I'm using Gcal to sync between the iCal on my Mac and Calendar on my iPod.

Please tell me this is a possibility.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

3. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

It is definitely possible. I have an Outlook calendar from a work machine, a Google calendar, and my home Mac's iCal all sync'd to my touch. I do use a free program called Calgoo to handle all of the syncing (it doesn't work with the new Java engine in Snow Leopard, so I have installed Leopard's Java 1.5 onto my machine for now.) All three calendars are available on Outlook on my PC, on my Mac, on my touch, on Google, and on Mobile Me.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Wait I'm confused. So I am to guess correctly that syncing via iPod Touch connected to my iTunes would allow for my multiple calendars to show up on the iPod Touch, however not be editable?

But Calgoo does allow for my multiple calendars created in iCal to be shown on my Google Gcal and iPod Touch calendar as well? How can I do this?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can edit the calendars, add new things to each one. Change whatever. However, there's a problem (overlooked bug) where once you add something to a calendar you can't change the calendar it belongs to until you sync back to your computer. You cannot change the names of calendars or add new ones. You can only use the ones that were synched down from the computer.

6. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Oh man I just figured it out. It works great too!

I create the calendars I want via Gcal and under preferences in iCal I allow delegate calendars, which are now visible in iCal and also Gcal, allowing me to edit any calendar in either venue. The awesome thing is therefore it automatically shows up on my iPod Touch.