Can certain apps cause you to lose your unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Metsfan7450, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

The company I worked for just signed on with the Good for Enterprise app so that we can get our company email/calendar on our iPhones and other smartphones. In the user guide, it specifically states that AT&T customers will be asked to switch to a limited data plan as a result of using this app.

"If you currently have an unlimited data plan, please know that with this change, AT&T will move you from the unlimited plan and to a limited data plan. You have 2GB or 4GB cap options, as described in the plan names above."

I never knew there was an app that could cause you to lose your unlimited data plan. Has anyone else had any experience with this app or other apps that could cause you to lose your unlimited data plan?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is it possibly because it's an enterprise app and you will need an AT&T "for enterprise" data plan? On my FAN, I am offered two additional plans called 2GB DataPro for iPhone Enterprise and DataPro 4GB for iPhone Enterprise. These plans presumably support Enterprise features like remote administration of the phone, and they cost more (2GB is $40 vs. 25 pre-discount).

Or do you already have an unlimited "for Enterprise" plan on your phone?

3. Metsfan7450 thread starter macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I just have the regular old unlimited plan that I'm grandfathered into. How does AT&T even know I have this app. I just downloaded it and it's working fine without an "enterprise" plan.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahh, if it's not something that's administered through enterprise (enterprises can distribute "in house" apps via wi-fi to phones they administrate), then I have no idea, sorry.