Can Clamxav detect Blazingtools Perfect Keylogger?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joms, Nov 9, 2009.

1. joms macrumors member

I plan to purchase the Blazingtools Perfect Keylogger and install Clamxav Antivirus on my new MBP 13". Question is, will the Clamxav detect/de-activate/delete the Perfect Keylogger?

Blazingtools Perfect Keylogger = http://www.blazingtools.com/mac_keylogger.html

Thanks.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Why don't you ask the developers?

FYI there are no viruses on OS X. Anti-virus is usually a waste of time and money.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

ClamXAV is more for detecting Windows based threats so it likely doesn't. iAntivirus would more likely detect it, but you would need to contact the creator to be certain. A program like Little Snitch would help keep a key logger from sending any data out. Also, Google is your friend.

Antivirus software protects against more than just virus. Complacency helps no one.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I doubt ClamXav would pick it up, because "Perfect Keylogger" is probably listed as "legitimate"- i.e. not malware.

Not if you send/receive files from Windows users. Saying Anti-virus software is a "waste of time and money" isn't a true statement at all.

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Windows users can run their own anti virus, anti spyware, anti malware ad infinitum. As I did for many years.

Their choice to run windows. My choice to run a Mac since Feb '04 without using my CPU to run apps I do not need, which includes antivirus software and anything sold by Microsoft.
    S.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Seeing as the thread is about a Mac keylogger and has nothing to do with Windows your post is a pointless waste of space.