can connect to port 80 or 443

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by subsitutionary, Nov 21, 2011.

1. subsitutionary macrumors newbie

I am using a mac book pro 17 inch and I am having trouble connecting to port 80 or port 443. I was trying to update my iphone and also my Ipad and I could not communicate with Itunes. I am also having trouble connecting with my email. The ISP said they cant help and Mail server said it is the ISP's problem. Any one know about configuring ports?

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

You're posting this yet you say you can't communicate on Port 80?

You may want to be more specific as to your issue, as 80 is HTTP and the fact you're posting here (if doing it from the problematic computer) says the problem isn't that you can't communicate at all.

3. subsitutionary thread starter macrumors newbie

port trouble

My biggest problem is with itunes when I want to update my iphone or ipad software. They tell me it is not eligible for rebuild. When I go through the diag steps apple gives me and do a test on port 80 and 443(i believe) using network utility is says it is unable to connect. I have the same issue with my mail server(secure server). With my wife's pc on the same internet network I have no problems with upgrades. The problem seems to be when I use my mac. I am at a complete loss, any suggestions?