Can Data & Apps migrate from Touch to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abercrombie, Mar 25, 2009.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

i loved my touch, but after 3 months decided to get the full package - the iPhone. so will i still be able to keep and migrate all my data from my Touch to my iPhone? what's dear to are all my high scores in Monkey Ball and 60 Second Survivor. i would hate to lose all that hard work. :p

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Backup your Touch. When you get the iPhone, restore from the Touch backup. Sync. All your apps, along with their data, should now be on your iPhone.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Yup.. :)

5. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Back up touch, sync iPhone. I did the same thing.

6. danimal99 macrumors regular

When I got my 3G iPhone a couple months ago, I gave my 1st gen iPod Touch to my wife. Both are setup through iTunes as on my account, and so all my apps work on either one. They don't tie anything to a specific device, it's to the account instead (as it should be, since Apple wants you owning lots of their products).

7. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

thanks for all the help guys. steps i did if others have the same question. skip step 2 & 3 if you have no intention of jailbreaking.

(1) received phone in the mail (already activated)
    (2) connected to computer, new device detected - did a new quick iPhone sync when device detected. made sure i could make a call and do text messages.
    (3) did the jailbreak thing using Quickpwn. wow, took several hours downloading .Net 3.1 with .net 3.1 SP1 (as recommended somewhere here) then downloading the 2.2.1 restore image from apple. but now that i have the files, i could restore quickly if i have to.
    (4) when connecting after jailbreaking, new device detected - used the iPod Touch backup. can take awhile depending on how much data is being restored. after, make sure i could make a call and do text messages.
    (5) done. worked perfectly and my high scores have been retained!!