Can Disk Warrior Help me

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hba4, Apr 11, 2010.

1. hba4 macrumors newbie

I am considering purchasing diskwarrior but want to make sure it can help my situation before I purchase it. My imac will not boot from the internal hard drive (Intel processor) When I use disk utility to try and repair the disk, I get error messages and it won't repair. I can see the HD but cannot repair it. When I connect using target mode with my mac book pro, the hard drive does not appear on my host (macbook pro) computer. I have reloaded OS X (Leopard) onto a firewire external drive and can boot my imac that way but I can not find my original internal Macintosh HD. Will disk warrior be able to help with this scenario. I would really like to access that internal Macintosh HD and retrieve my files. Thank you for your time.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...no guarantees of course, but this is the kind of scenario that Diskwarrior often deals with very well and I'd say giving it a shot is worth a try - even if for whatever reason it does not resolve the immediate issue it's a great utility to have in your toolbox for future use....oh yeah!

3. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

How old is your drive?

I don't know if it will help you, but I can tell you disc warrior was magical for me, it helped me many many times

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

OP, Disk Warrior is good.

If you have valuable files and DW doesn't recover them, here is another option.

You will need a PC and SpinRite.

Remove your HDD from your iMac.

Connect the HDD to the PC. Run SpinRite.

FYI, I've recovered a variety of HDDs that Disk Warrior and other Mac only products would not work. YMMV.