Can djay blow the speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marty1990, Nov 27, 2011.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

Okay, bear with me cuz this might sound like a stupid question. I have a three day old MacBook Pro, and I bought djay. Was fiddling around around with looping, and took the looping right down. Made some horrible looping noise because it was on such a small loop. Sounded as though it could do some damage to the speakers, like the noise a dodgy sound card makes. Just wondering if the program would do something, or if I'm just being a bit too sensitive?

2. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Does the speaker work normally with other apps?

If it works fine, then it's clipping.

If it doesn't, you might have broke your speaker.

4. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Have you tried playing music or watching some video to see if the speakers made any out of the ordinary noises?

5. marty1990, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

been playing music through iTunes. everything seems a-okay. just got me worried a bit in djay when i heard this horrible noise, but am guessing it was just the software and the fact it was looping a small section of the song over and over?

if everything is playing fine, i haven't damaged the speakers?

i'll probably refrain from looping such a small section in future...

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

it only happened when i looped the track on a 1/16 beat. it just sounded like a problem, however, i'm able to reproduce the sound it made by adding the same loop to a song. it's part of the application; to loop. what i'm asking is whether doing the 1/16 beat would cause any damage to the soundcard/speakers, or not, because djay has built it to do that?

8. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Like any other app, the app itself will not blow your speakers. However, if you turn it up to loud (like with any app, iTunes included) and you're playing harsh tones, it could do some damage.

9. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay brilliant. Thanks.

Yeah, I only really have my speakers on about half, or just above. I never get to the top. Never have done with any of my laptops.