Can DMG file mountes as a DVD disc and auto play with iDVD?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hugo355, May 4, 2009.

1. hugo355 macrumors newbie

hi, guys, i am thinking to create a dmg file to store personal DVD video, i just want it to be mounted with default mounter and auto played with iDVD like it was a DVD disc inserted, do you guys have such expierences of doing that?:)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you mean DVD Player instead of iDVD it can be done when the video DVD is ripped to your hard drive and you append dvdmedia onto the Video_TS folder, for example Video_TS.dvdmedia or Example_Movie.dvdmedia. Then by just double clicking it opens the DVD Player software, but it does not show as a DVD in Finder's sidebar.

You can also use the parent folder to append dvdmedia to it.
    Example:
    movie >
    Audio_TS
    Video_TS

to

movie.dvdmedia.

Appending dvdmedia to one folder make it seem like one file, but it is only a package and can be undone by Cmd+I on the movie.dvdmedia file and deleting the appendix/extension.

3. hugo355 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Spinnerlys, i think i know how to do that now, thank you so much!!:):)

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I hope it works.

When I tried it at work with some DVD Recorder recorded DVDs ripped to my HDD, DVD Player said it could not recognize the format, but at least double clicking opened DVD Player.