can drobo fs work with os 10.4.11?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tkjazzer, Sep 30, 2010.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

do you know if drobo fs works with 10.4.11?

when it first came out it stated it worked with 10.4... now their site has changed to say 10.5 +

I need to update my MBP to 10.5/.6+, but it's still on 10.4.11...

and I need to dump all the info to a safe spot before I do so. I figured the drobo would be the safest.

But if it doesn't work on 10.4.11, that will be a problem. Thanks so much,

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

I'm not 100% certain, but that should just be to run drobo dashboard, so if you have another computer, you can use that to set up the drobo.

The shares are basic AFB and SMB/CIFS (apple and windows) shares, They should work fine in 10.4.

3. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

why would i need to set it up with a different computer?

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

you have to run the configuration software to set the drobo up before you can use it, if that doesn't run on 10.4, you have to run it on a different computer to get it working.

5. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

yes

I got it to work! thanks for the tips. I can't use the drobo dashboard, but I can connect to the device via the "network" on my "Finder icon"

Then I just log in as the administrator of the device (set up on the old xp I dusted off)

then when you double click the share you want it to go to, it opens as a file location that you can drag and drop things to like any other network connection on 10.4.11 :)

Thank you! I can't wait to unload this MBP to somewhere safer so I can get rid of filevault and upgrade the OS!!!!

I'm looking for tips on how to move both Iphoto photos, Itunes music, Address Book, Imovie, PhotoBooth, Garage Band, etc to locations on the drobo so that I can use them from other computers (other macs in the future), etc. I'll make a new post for this, but if you are reading this post and know how I should best do this, please message me or post here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11174661