Can FCPX open an image sequence?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bonch, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Wondering of FCPX can open a series of JPEGs and make a movie out of them. QuickTime 7 had this feature (called "Open Image Sequence") but it was lost in QTX. It is commonly used to make a time lapse from images shot with a DSLR.

2. the vj macrumors 6502a

I do not think so since not even FCP 7 does it I think. Only After Effects.

If you want that effect all you need to do is to use the Strobe effect in FCP 7.

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

You should either still have QuickTime 7 on your computer or at least be able to download it to do that. I don't believe that FCP does it but I still have both QTX and QT7 on my computer they just moved QT7 into the utilities folder if I'm not mistaken.

4. hsilver macrumors regular

Pretty sure FCP 7 can import an image sequence. Set still duration in user settings and bring it in. If it doesn't create sequence automatically just drag the images from the browser en masse. Don't know about FCPX - it has a setting to export image sequence.

5. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

Motion 5 can. Open a project. Click Import. There's a checkbox for image sequence. You can then edit it there and export a movie for use within FCPX.

6. usw macrumors newbie

Does it work well ? quicktime 7 pro isn't lion compatible... :mad:

7. xStep macrumors 68000

Can't remember where I saw it, but QTP 7 apparently is compatible. You just need the right version for the install, which I think was 7.6.6, not 7.6.9.

8. usw macrumors newbie