Can find "DELETE" option on new iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by WolverineKS, Dec 14, 2012.

1. WolverineKS macrumors newbie

When I connect my iPod or iPhone to iTunes on a MBP, it will look like this picture attached, when I right click on a song to delete it, well there is no delete option. What is it that I am doing wrong? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming you are using the automated music syncing facilities in iTunes to get your content on the iPhone (rather than the "Manually manage music and videos" option). If you don't want to enable that option, there's a less destructive way to do it:

If you go to the "Summary" page for your iPhone and check "Sync only checked songs and videos", you can go to your iTunes Music library and uncheck the songs that you don't want to sync - despite them being matched by your selections under the "Music" tab of your iPhone. Any songs you uncheck in your iTunes Music library will be removed from your iPhone when you sync the next time.

To reiterate, you can't uncheck the songs you want to delete under the "On This iPhone" tab; that thing is basically a dumb list created by your selections under the "Music" tab for your iPhone. You need to find them in your iTunes Music library.