can front row now play cd's??

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
i obviously havent got leopard yet but i was wondering if it can now play cd's??? it annoyed me that the previous version of front row lacked this capability. thanks.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
whaa? I may be mistaken, but i am pretty sure i am playing an audio CD with front row right now. :confused:

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
whaa? I may be mistaken, but i am pretty sure i am playing an audio CD with front row right now. :confused:
did you put the cd in start playing it in iTunes and then go into front row and go to "Now Playing"?? or did you actually access the CD from front row??? thanks.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Well, it seems that whenever there's an audio CD present, Front Row adds an "Audio CD" item within the Music menu. However, it doesn't seem to work on my system, since nothing happens when i click on that option. Strange.

iTunes plays it fine, fyi.

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
as far as i can tell, it still isn't capable of playing audio CDs. It sucks, i know >_<
It plays audio cds just fine. Just insert the cd and go into front row. Within "music" there should be an "audio cd" option at the top. It plays just fine here.