can front row now play cd's??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nlivo, Nov 3, 2007.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i obviously havent got leopard yet but i was wondering if it can now play cd's??? it annoyed me that the previous version of front row lacked this capability. thanks.

2. duyvan82 macrumors member

as far as i can tell, it still isn't capable of playing audio CDs. It sucks, i know >_<

3. theman macrumors 6502a

whaa? I may be mistaken, but i am pretty sure i am playing an audio CD with front row right now. :confused:

4. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

did you put the cd in start playing it in iTunes and then go into front row and go to "Now Playing"?? or did you actually access the CD from front row??? thanks.

5. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Well, it seems that whenever there's an audio CD present, Front Row adds an "Audio CD" item within the Music menu. However, it doesn't seem to work on my system, since nothing happens when i click on that option. Strange.

iTunes plays it fine, fyi.

6. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

It plays audio cds just fine. Just insert the cd and go into front row. Within "music" there should be an "audio cd" option at the top. It plays just fine here.

7. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I don't know if your using leopard or not but in tiger it appeares at the bottom. So Yeah it can play Audio CD's.:)

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

music cds play fine in leopard's front row here. the cd's title is shown at the top of the music menu.