Can GTD turn your life around ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sanzu08, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Sanzu08 macrumors member

Sanzu08

I've never been exactly a high achiever or wonderfully well organised, but in the past I've always pretty much kept myself together. However in the last year or so I've become more and more disorganised and erratic with my work projects. Its really become a problem. Similarly at home I'm getting worse and worse and keep my finances in order and my home sorted.

SO, I've been reading up a bit on "Getting Things Done" and am pondering give it a serious go, so I'm wondering anyone else out there has tried GTD and succeeded in turning their disorganised life around????

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's "turned my life around", but yes, it's helped me to get back on top of things. I've been GTD'ing for about three years now, I guess.

I would note that it's not a financial management system, and not exactly what I'd think of as an organizational tool, so I don't know if it's applicable to your problems. You might just want to skim some of the online resources about it before picking up a copy of the book (although the paperback is pretty cheap I think).

3. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

Did you find that having a 'system' help to motivate you ? I kind think the two biggest problems i have are lack of focus and lack of motivation.

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Yes, for me having a pretty well-defined system for managing projects and actions was a big deal. I was already motivated in the sense that I knew I had a problem and wanted a solution; I just needed some sort of guidance about how to get my act together. ;)

5. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

Cool well I'm going to do some more reading up on it and then give it a go.