Can Heat Crack an iPhone Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by btwilkins, Jun 29, 2009.

1. btwilkins macrumors newbie

I bought an iPhone 3GS a week ago and it now has a shattered screen. I have absolutely no idea how it happened! I was on vacation in Florida, changed into a swimsuit and left my iPhone in my pants pocket. I rolled up my pants, stuffed them in a backpack, and set it by a window inside. Came back in after a couple hours, pulled out my iPhone, and it was shattered!

The phone still works fine- no problems at all. I also noticed that there is no central point in the cracks, so it's not like something hit it or it was dropped. My best guess is that the heat caused it to crack, but being inside and in a backpack I don't think it would get THAT hot.

Will Apple's warranty cover this?

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

2. smgcma macrumors newbie

My sons iphone glass just shattered from heat to

My son was playing golf at Celebration FL. Phone red hot light came on and glass shattered while sitting in a golf cart.
    These new iphone 4 phones drop calls and break for no reason

3. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Pic doesn't work. Usually, unless the laws of gravity and the like don't work all the time lol. Only rapid heating and cooling of the glass will cause to much stress due to the expansion and contrition causing it to crack

4. smgcma macrumors newbie

apple does replace heat shattered glass

Apple did replace my sons phone today