Can I access Netflix's queue on a cellphone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by morgothaod, Sep 9, 2010.

1. morgothaod macrumors regular

Hey all,

I just want to know if I can add movies to a Netflix queue via a Samsung Freeform cellphone. If so, do I just visit netflix.com/queue or do I need to download something? Also, can I have Netflix movies sent to the phone? I'm not up to date with technology :eek:.

Thanks!

2. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

If you have a browser and the phone has Flash you should be able to manage your queue on your phone. It can't hurt to try.

3. JulesNYC macrumors regular

Technology is overrated. Write down the name of the movie on a piece of paper and add it to you queue when you get home.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Netflix doesn't use flash for the queue—it's all done with javascript.

I don't know about that phone in particular but I've had no problem managing my queue from my iPhone's browser.

5. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

Confused

Thanks, according to some site "Motorola phones sold by Verizon, Alltel, MetroPCS and Vivo make use of BREW, not Java. There is no code in their firmware to support Java, Java games or Java apps, etc on these phones, so there is no way to enable Java on them."

So this is incorrect?

"Does the iPhone support Java?

No. The iPhone will not support Java applications of any kind (http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/9731)."

I wonder if Boost Mobile phones support Java. I prefer not to go over $50/mo. for a phone.

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The full Netflix site should work fine on a lot of phones, but they also have this experimental site you can access directly:

http://www.netflix.com/Mobile

7. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have a Netflix or a cell phone with internet yet. I'll have to set the Netflix up once I move out. Will cellphone stores let me browse the internet on their phones? I would like to know if I can get on Netflix before I buy the phone...

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Yes, you'll be able to browse the internet on in-store demo models. Just remember to sign out of your Netflix account if you do sign in (go on Facebook on a store demo and most of the time you'll find somebody who logged in and didn't have the common sense to log out).

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

LOL, javascript ≠ Java.

10. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

:eek:

Well I guess I'll just have to test the phones at the store. Hopefully all the models will be displayed with internet on them. My choices are either Metro PCS or Boost Mobile because I don't want to be locked in a contract.