Can I add a Keynote presentation/Quick Time movie to iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ish, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

This is a really difficult one to search for because I'm thinking of Keynote from iWork and the search keeps bringing up MWSF.

I've currently got a 1G Nano and the battery isn't what it was. I've become very tempted by an iPod Touch.

Is it possible to load a Keynote presentation on to it, maybe converted into a Quick Time movie, or is the only way to add video through iTunes? I'm thinking it would be great to be able to load something like that on to to it so I could take it to show someone without having to take my laptop with me. Wishful thinking perhaps? :rolleyes:

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

You can make the Keynote, then export as a Quicktime movie file, convert it to iPod Touch, and the sync.

It will place chapter markers at the correct points, and you will simply press next to move thorough the slides.

That what youre wondering?

3. Ish thread starter macrumors 68010

Ish

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Thanks! Not having one in my hands to play with it's not easy to work out what can and can't be done.

Perfect! I think I shall get one when the Tesco store get the new ones in. I've got a voucher worth over £100 so I'll probably get one there.

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

5. nodag macrumors newbie

How exactly?

Could you please describe more detailed how you proceeded in exporting the keynote presentation to the ipod touch? When exporting the presentation from keynote to a quicktime file, did you choose "manual advance" or "fixed timing"? And did you convert the resulting file via quicktime (pro) to the ipod format or just via itunes? Either way, i am not getting the correct "chapter" information when finally watching my presentation on the ipod touch.

Thanks,
    nodag

6. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Fixed timing means it will switch slides automatically, as if it were one large movie. Manual Advance means you press next, and the slide will change.

Once exported Id use iSquint to convert, which is free.
    Then add to iTunes and sync.

7. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

You know what? This is really cool. Its little simple things like this that make your working life better.

8. Ish thread starter macrumors 68010

Ish

You know what? I'm glad I asked now. Now we all know!

I downloaded iSquint but it just brings up an error message when I drag the Keynote file onto it and won't convert.

I make the Keynote presentation and move to QT movie with manual advance, but once converted to the iPod and loaded I have to pause each track and then press play when I want to advance it. I can live with that but if it's possible for the slide to only move on when play is pressed that would be better. Have I missed something? Thanks!

PS As you might have guessed, I took the plunge and bought the iPt!

9. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Yeah.
    iSquint doesnt understand how to deal with a raw Keynote file.
    You export first, then convert the quicktime file.

My experience is limited, as I have only exported from a keynote, and played the file through quicktime. Ive never actually attempted to play it back on an iPod.

I would mess around with it, trying different settings while exporting, and just see if you can fix it.
    If not, seems as if you are stuck with the pause/play method you described.

10. Alex.Linhares macrumors newbie

Actually...

the file generated by iSquint seems to lose chapters and run through directly, either in iTunes, quicktime, or an iPod.

Would anyone know how to work around this?