Can I add ACD to Mac Pro warranty?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SDAVE, Apr 27, 2009.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I bought a 30" ACD about 7 months later than the Mac Pro. Do I need to get separate warranty or can I add the ACD to the Mac Pro Apple Care?

2. G4DP macrumors 65816

I think you will need a different warranty for the ACD. As I recall you can only have a monitor covered with the Mac Pro if they are purchased at the same time.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, you can. It is specifically stated on the AppleCare box that it covers the Mac Pro and one Apple Display.

Oh, seven months. I dunno. :D

4. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

No They wont. When I bought my mac pro back in July. I wanted to get a 23'' ACD I had a $500 gift card for best buy. I asked the Apple sales department 2 times. I even called the Apple care hotline. All 3 said no. Even if you bought them on the same day from apple. They have to be on the same receipt or invoice.

5. ncc1701d macrumors 6502

I asked the mac rep in Singapore if I could buy the Mac Pro and add the 30 inch ACD when it eventually comes out and have it under the same apple care. She said only if you order the ACD before the Mac Pro ships. As I'm getting a raid card, it doesn't ship until May 22... I think I'm going to ask them to hold shipping until WWD. Knowing my luck, they will announce 30" ACD, Snow, Blue Ray etc at WWD, just a few weeks later. I've waited this long, what's another 2 weeks...