Can I annotate (draw and write on) Word documents?...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poiihy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

I need to complete assignments for scholl and they want the document in word format. But to annotate them I have to convert them to PDF because Preview and GraphicConverter cannot annotate Word documents. But then I cannot convert the PDF back to Word.
    I've tried those PDF to Word converter online services but they don't work at all! I just get a corrupt file that's actually an RTF or something else that seems like an RTF.

1. Can I annotate Word documents so I don't have to convert them to PDF? I don't want to edit the text, I want to draw annotations over the document, including text and also color drawings. Like what you would do with pencils and crayons on a paper document in real life.

2. Can I convert a PDF document to Word for the assignment I have already completed?

2. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

I have found how to place text objects on top of things in Pages. There's a way to disable the word wrap crap. But I cannot find that option for the "Draw with pen" drawings. And the pen doesn't work like a real life pen, you don't draw wherever you want, instead it makes perfect straight or curved lines or whatever. That won't work for highlighting/coloring things!