Can I block someone in the political section but not the rest of the forums?

EnderBeta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
Is it possible to block someone in the political section but not the rest of the forums?

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
Yeah. You just block the person specifically. I use Tapatalk so I'm not quite sure how to do so through the website. However, I think it should give you the option when you click on their name and go to their profile?

Reactions: determined09

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah. You just block the person specifically. I use Tapatalk so I'm not quite sure how to do so through the website. However, I think it should give you the option when you click on their name and go to their profile?
Wouldn't that block the user across the whole site though?

Reactions: Septembersrain

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
Wouldn't that block the user across the whole site though?
Yeah, I think I misread when I responded.

I'm guessing that the best bet is to just ignore their posts in PRSI right? If they really want to not have them on permanent ignore across the board that is.

Reactions: C DM

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Is it possible to block someone in the political section but not the rest of the forums?
While - perhaps inevitably - there are posters on this forum I dislike, and others whose views I find repellant, personally, I do not actually block anybody, and never have.

Now, there are occasion when I might not devote my full attention to some posts, as I may doubt that they have much merit, but I will still skim them, rather than block the person who posted them.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
While - perhaps inevitably - there are posters on this forum I dislike, and others whose views I find repellant, personally, I do not actually block anybody, and never have.
On the other hand I've got about 10 regular PRSI users blocked as all the do is post trash that has absolutely nothing to add to any kind of adult debate.

Their posts are just noise.

Reactions: arkitect

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
On the other hand I've got about 10 regular PRSI users blocked as all the do is post trash that has absolutely nothing to add to any kind of adult debate.

Oh, gosh, yes, I know what you mean and it is possible that I can speculate about whom you mean.

Yes, there are posts which are just shouting and venting and posting repetitive rubbish - pure drivel - and, agreed, they add little of worth to any discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: arkitect

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Well, for the most part, the "usual suspects" in PRSI don't actually post (let alone, make any positive contributions) to other areas of MR. As a side note, I find that pretty funny: spending 50-100 posts a day worth of time, in a political sub-forum, on a site dedicated to Apple products :D

EnderBeta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
Well, for the most part, the "usual suspects" in PRSI don't actually post (let alone, make any positive contributions) to other areas of MR. As a side note, I find that pretty funny: spending 50-100 posts a day worth of time, in a political sub-forum, on a site dedicated to Apple products :D
Lately it seems when I come here looking to talk Macs no one is talking about the Mac any more. :(

BTW I love your use of Homer Simpson as your avatar. I never thought when that show came out that it would last not through my childhood but also into much of my adult life too. It's a generational show.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I think you are correct. Even funnier, or perhaps sad, is that all that time is not accomplishing one damned thing.

Mike

EnderBeta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
I think you are correct. Even funnier, or perhaps sad, is that all that time is not accomplishing one damned thing.

Mike
It accomplishes raising the blood pressure. I've been sucked in a few times and yesterday I came to the realization that I really dislike that aspect of this forum and I'm going to try my darnedest to not get sucked into another one of those ridiculous debates.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Lately it seems when I come here looking to talk Macs no one is talking about the Mac any more. :(

BTW I love your use of Homer Simpson as your avatar. I never thought when that show came out that it would last not through my childhood but also into much of my adult life too. It's a generational show.
I still enjoy reading Apple related content, hardware, software, ATV, Watch, dev topics, if I have an Apple related question, searching MR is still my first option - and this has been a great place to score terrific deals on equipment (I've never had a transaction issue).

re: The Simpsons, I know, right? We run them in the "background" all the time, via FXNOW (who has _every_ episode).

Current favorite moment, from 'Homer the Great'

Homer: What do they do? What don't they do? Oh, they do so many things they never stop. Oh, the things they do there, my stars.

Lisa: You don't know what they do there, do you?

Homer: Not as such, no.

:D

Mike
Hahaha, well, I guess to each their own, I mean, maybe for some folks it's cathartic, for some it's simple confirmation bias, others I'm assuming just like conflict. I mostly take 99% of PRSI with a grain of salt, but I'll admit, I'm occasionally educated on a topic :)

Tick the PRSI box and you'll never get sucked in again. ;)
Per the other response, I had _no_ idea that feature existed.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
To be fair I'm guilty of this also.

Unfortunately the rest of MR is wading through masses of "Apple r rubbish" posts to occasionally find a gem of a post or some information your need now.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.