Can I borrow?

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
I just came in possession of a PowerBook 500, but it doesn't have a charger... Can someone please let me borrow theirs to see if this thing works? I'll pay for shipping :D...

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
I'm not intending to nitpick, but technically the PowerBook 5XX -series is not a PowerPC.
If you get no answers here, you could try the Apple collectors -subforum: http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

RGDS,
Oh... Ok... I just re-wrote in there... Thanks!!

I live in cali and have one, but you would have to buy it off me
That's what I'm trying to avoid... I don't wanna purchase a $60+ charger and then it turns out that this machine doesn't work... Thank you anyways...

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
It'll only cost you no less than $30. I can't find any listed on eBay though.

You want the M1910 or M1893 model.
Thank you for the reply, but that's what I want to avoid.... Like I mentioned earlier to Lil Chillbil, I don't wanna spend money on a charger and then finding out that this machine doesn't work..

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Thank you for the reply, but that's what I want to avoid.... Like I mentioned earlier to Lil Chillbil, I don't wanna spend money on a charger and then finding out that this machine doesn't work..
Why don't you mail it to one of the folks here?

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
Why don't you mail it to one of the folks here?
That's a good idea..

Or even better, maybe someone local here in LA would like to meet up for a few minutes to test it out?? There's a free coffee in it for you.... :D (or whatever beverage you prefer at a starbucks)

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
That's a good idea..

Or even better, maybe someone local here in LA would like to meet up for a few minutes to test it out?? There's a free coffee in it for you.... :D (or whatever beverage you prefer at a starbucks)
LOL While the smog of LA is appealing I'll stick to southern Germany not SOCAL:D

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
You might consider purchasing it from a vendor with a return policy that suits your situation.

Those adapters were always expensive. My first Mac was a 520c PowerBook. Loved that machine. Got it at a $1,000 discount from a reseller in Cali at the end of its run. Maxed out RAM, added a card cage and flew like the wind on the early 'Net.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
You might consider purchasing it from a vendor with a return policy that suits your situation.

Those adapters were always expensive. My first Mac was a 520c PowerBook. Loved that machine. Got it at a $1,000 discount from a reseller in Cali at the end of its run. Maxed out RAM, added a card cage and flew like the wind on the early 'Net.
That's a good idea. I just did that. Got one for $10 on eBay.

Hopefully this machine works so that I can sell it. If not, I think I can still sell it as parts.