Can I bring an Ipod from the US back to Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fabreze, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Fabreze macrumors member

Not sure if this has been asked yet, couldn't find a similar post.

I would like to go to the U.S, sign for a 2 year contract with AT&T and bring it back to Canada.
    Now, with roaming charges, do you think it would still be cheaper than the current plans Mr. Rogers has given us?

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

good luck making calls with your iPod! :D

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Roaming charges will be through the damn roof. You'll end up paying like $4000 a month.

4. Xplicit macrumors member

Wow ur complaining about roger fees?

Bringing Iphone from ATT or any other US carriers,

You be begging to go back to rogers man,

Data roaming charges will pwn you and long distance fees,

As stated above -at least you got IPOD touch for 299 16GB not 349$ :) on a 2 yr contract. Wow suxs to go this way.

Honestly if your getting a phone Here is what I recommended

As a college student who Will be in class most of the days, and use the phone on weekends and nights, but also iphone will be primary phone.

Here is what im getting

Go with Fido (bought by rogers)
    1. Their evenings start at 7pm vs rogers 9
    a. if you want evenings at 6 rogers + 7$ or 5pm +9 dollars to your plan
    2. Get the 35$ plan which includes Unlimited Evn/Wknds/ Unl Incoming 150Min + on 3yr contract u get a bonus of 100min which rogers does not offer, rogers offers 200min for 35$

Gimmicks:
    First month you save 50% with fido and 3months unlimited sms/calling (same as rogers)

I will be 80% in wifi zone so I will not be getting a data plan, but If i need to you can get a 30$ plan 300MB if you need.

I might get a data just to play around and see what its like with it and if i really need it.

if you are going to be in wIfi zone - you can get a decent voice plan while rogers/ fido try to offer unlimited data,

Post your uses and what you need from this device, and I can help you plan out whats best for you.

Ive called fido and rogers and I can give you feedback to wats better.

But um, If you are going with a cheap Voice Plan + data, - add a 11$ Value back (includes caller ID + Enhanced Voice Mail) = you will prob get around 100minutes +300mb of data + Call Id+Visual Voice Mail + Enhanced voice mail= for a total cost of estimate 61$ + Sys Fees + Tax + 911 Fees so it builds up to 77 bucks

but let me know what you need and I can brainstorm with you.

5. Fabreze thread starter macrumors member

ok just thought i would ask. these data plan rates are killing me right now.

thanks guys :)

6. Xplicit macrumors member

7. Fabreze thread starter macrumors member

i will pm you right now