Can I Bring TMobile iPhone 6 to ATT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Mar 21, 2015.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Are they different versions (supports different bands)? Also, if I bought from T-Mobile, do I need to get it unlocked or is it already unlocked? Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its locked to Tmobile unless you bought it from Apple for full price.
    You will have to have it unlocked or it wont work with any other carrier.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

They support the same bands.

You should request an unlock. Note the phone either has to be purchased outright, or must no longer carry a JUMP balance.

4. neile45 macrumors regular

yes, you can do it, but it must be unlocked from T-Mobile, mine is, and works great!

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Is there any way to tell if your phone is already unlocked without putting in another carrier's sim? For example, something in the settings...? Thanks.

6. vietalogy macrumors 6502

No not in settings. Some sites offer but for a fee. Easiest way is to use a different carrier sim.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you cannot verify for sure without a sim.
    But you should be able to tell if you bought your phone from Apple for full price then its unlocked.
    If you purchased it any other way or elsewhere it is not. Its not going to be magically factory unlocked unless you paid off your next payments in full and requested an unlock from Tmobile or bought it unlocked from Apple. Simple.

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Why do we need this posts almost everyday? Can I bring my X carrier iPhone to carrier Y/Z?

Come on people. Do some research. It's all laid out pretty easily on Apple's own website.