Can I buy a Mac Air now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jjmcpherson, May 31, 2013.

1. jjmcpherson macrumors newbie

Hypothetically speaking, can I buy a Mac Air today and come back to Apple Store to swap the new one 10 days later? Yes, it's 10 days count down to WWDC. It sounds bad but since it's within 14 days, should it be okay?

What do you think?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, but what happens if they only announce the new laptops, and state that availability will be in July, or that they're available for order but by the time you order you're facing a 1 to 2 week wait for delivery.

Why abuse the process of buying something just to return it. Why not wait until WWDC before spending your money

3. jjmcpherson thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason is that I needed a laptop for summer classes started yesterday. So, I went to Apple Store on last Sunday. And the Apple guy told me it's perfectly fine to buy it and come back after June 10th to swap a new one. He even promises to help me transfer data to the new Air later on.

With a customer service experience like that, I bought the Air 13 without a second thought :D I love my new machine. Just 2 days with my Air and I think it's the best built laptop yet.

4. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

congrats on the new Air. Most people get the 13" MBP for some unexplained reason. The MBA is the best mac laptop right now. I currently own a MBPr 15" and I still miss my 2 year old MBA.

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Soundsl like a reasonable plan, especially if you have the specific blessing of your local Apple store. Good luck and enjoy the Air (whichever model you end up keeping).

I'm tempted to do the same, but I can probably wait until WWDC to see what's announced, and then decide from there.