Can I buy a MacBook with different keyboard in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quintriq, Jun 27, 2013.

1. quintriq macrumors newbie

Im going to buy a macbook in Japan, and i was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to customize this in the Apple store? Or if it's only possible online. I want the danish keyboard, which is possible to get from the japanese online store.

2. Memole macrumors member

you can only get US international keyboard in japanese store as non jap keyboard :)

3. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

I've always purchased my Macs in Japan through Apple's online store, but I would be surprised if they carried the Danish keyboard at the physical stores. You could try calling the store you plan on visiting to check and make sure, though.

Being able to order a custom keyboard is one thing I love about the Apple store here in Japan. It means I'm not stuck with the Japanese keyboard and the annoying (to me) small space key.

4. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I never knew they used a different size space key! That's very annoying. I wonder why the space key is substantially smaller on a Japanese keyboard.

5. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Always thought it had a smaller space bar because jap keyboards have a few extra keys.

6. EricT43 macrumors regular

Twist: the real question is, why is it so BIG on every other keyboard?

7. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

Hmm. The space bar is the most important key on the keyboard. I'd because it is used a lot and reached with both thumbs, it should be that large.

try it. When you have your hand over the keyboard, both thums will 'hang above' each end of the spacebar. There you have it ;)

8. etn macrumors newbie

Even if the keyboard layout you wish is not listed on the internet apple store, try the telephone apple store. I could buy an MBP with Swiss keyboard here in Germany this way. According to the salesguy in the physical apple store, the telephone store is the only possibility for this, by the way.

I would imagine that the same policy applies in Japan. Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps! :)

Etienne