Can i buy America Music?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iDanielbk, Nov 16, 2007.

1. iDanielbk macrumors member

Hey theres a few tracks on American iTunes that i would love. is there any way i can get them???

im in the uk

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Have someone in US to gift the music to you ..

3. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

hmmm ... i don;t think this is possible. i think you have to have a valid US account (with a US address).

if you have a relative or a friend, you can create an account with their address, then ask them to buy you an itunes card from the US, just send you the code.

4. cube macrumors G4

Just buy CDs. iTunes digital purchases are so lame.

5. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I've gifted an US tv show for a kiwi friend and it worked fine .. :eek:

6. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

cool! i learned something new! :D

7. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Ok, I'm VERY interested in this, being that we can't get any movies or TV shows here in Canada.

So, how exactly does this work? An iTunes account requires a credit card though, doesn't it? So I'd need to find somebody in the USA who trusts me enough with their credit card to open an iTunes account on my behalf?

I can get iTunes cards easily enough, I live fairly near to Buffalo, NY.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You can purchase iTunes giftcards from US retailers.

Some said it works from other countries.

9. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Yeah, I know I can purchase iTMS GCs from US retailers, but they have to be applied to an American iTunes account, don't they?

10. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

How i did the gift to my friend was: He told me which show that he wanted then i went and found it and hit gift the show(when from buy episode>gift episode button) then enter the person's email.. Bam the person who wanted the episode has a link to tv show download...

US person has US ITMS account gets billed but the other person gets the content that they wanted from US ITMS..

11. hms84 macrumors regular

YES you can
    I'm in Saudi Arabia and I do it..
    BUT i ask my brother -in the states- for redeem cards, and SMS them to me (^_^)
    for the address just put any address you want maybe a hotel you know, it will work... HeHeHe

12. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

This is very easy to do. Of course, I have not done this myself ;)

1) Buy a US iTunes gift card off eBay. You might pay a $5 premium or so but it's well worth it if you can't get to the US. Look for the ones where the guy emails you the code right away so you don't have to wait for something in the mail.

2) Go to the iTunes store. Ensure that you are not logged into your existing iTunes account. Under Quick Links (right side of page) click Redeem.

3) Enter the code.

4) Setup a NEW account with an email address (I would use one that isn't tied to your other iTunes account).

5) Since you're using a gift card, you don't need a credit card number. You do, however, need a US address. Any random address works, from what I hear ;)

6) You're done. You now have a US account. To refill your account, buy more cards from eBay or, if you plan on being in the US, purchase them there.

13. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I'm so sick of waiting for Apple to cut through the ridiculous amount of red tape my wonderful government wraps around imported entertainment.

Now, I can actually buy Movies & TV shows! I'm very excited. Thanks!

14. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

No worries. I won't admit to ever doing this as I assume Apple frowns upon it. But I don't see anything wrong with it. You're paying for it, supporting the networks, studios and Apple.

It will make your Apple TV that much better. And if you don't have one, you might find a reason to get one now.

15. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Oh, I'll freely admit I'm going to do this. apple won't care, I'm going to sink a far sum of dollars into iTunes. It'll be the CRTC (Canadian Radio & Television Regulators) that will be pissed off, and I don't give a damn what they think.

If they want to come after me for PAYING for downloaded entertainment, let them. Or... they could clue in to the fact that people will get what people want and maybe they should relax a bit on the regulations and the utterly ludicrous minimum Canadian content regulations... taxes... advertising... etc etc.

Bastards.

16. glennyboiwpg macrumors 6502

Why is the CRTC being such an A$$ about this? Just make Itunes have some canadain content too.... like corner gas, royal canadain air farce(OMG I used to love that show), canadian idol, etc, etc.

I WANT MY ITUNES TV SHOWS.

17. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I don't think that CanCon is the main holdup. I think it's more to do with the television networks complaining they will lose their exclusive rights to broadcast their shows, and that it will negatively affect them if the marketplace has... you know.. competition.

18. laravia18 macrumors member

I am going to do this to buy some stuff in Canada I want, or ask a friend to gift it for me!:D

19. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

OK, so I did this. A friend of mine went over to Buffalo for Black Friday and I gave him $60. He just now e-mailed me 4 codes for $15 cards.

I tried to sign up, but somehow couldn't find the "No Credit Card" option...
    I backed out and re-started, then I found it.

Yay! I now have an American iTunes account, and can recharge it anytime by simply skipping on over the border and picking up some pre-paid cards! YAY!

Let me just say HOW FRICKING COOL the US store is! Movies! TV Shows! Cheaper Audiobooks. Plus, now that I have an account, I can access the free stuff too.

Just wow! It's hard to decide where I should spend my money!