Can I buy and use apps from different stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juliancs, Oct 24, 2010.

1. juliancs macrumors 6502

Hi folks

I'm starting to work on a few iOS game projects as a sound designer/composer. I get codes from the developers for the apps and I'm wondering : can I "log in" to the Apple US store and get an App, and use it on my UK iPhone? I don't actually have an iPhone yet, but one of the codes I got only works in the US store (the dev can't give out any other). I assume when I'm setup I'll be on the UK store so...how does this work?

Hope that makes sense!

2. Surely Guest

Surely

You can only if you have an account in those stores. You would need to open a US iTunes account if you want to download apps from that store.

3. juliancs thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response. I assume there is no problem with having a few accounts? I can just sign into the different ones?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Exactly. It just makes updating the apps annoying when the devs release updates..... you have to sign into each store to get each update.

5. juliancs thread starter macrumors 6502

More than happy to put up with that for the sake of getting some work! Thanks very much for the info - lastly, I assume I'm ok linking both my Us and UK account to the same card for payment? I would use a UK debit card but suspect that it would not work on the Us store, so I'd use my Credit card...

Cheers!

6. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm pretty sure that you'll have to have a US billing address in order to sign up for a US account. Or you'll have to get your hands on a US iTunes gift card to register for an account.

The reason I have a Canadian account as well as a US account is because I have it from when I lived in Canada.

7. juliancs thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm.. i'll have to look into that. Thanks for the answers, man!

8. nlr macrumors 6502

Can you use the same email for your us account that is linked to my UK account?

I only want a us account for the UFC app which isn't available in the UK?

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Not sure, but if not, just create a new gmail account for it........

10. BigQid macrumors regular

I was hoping this would be about alternatives to the iTunes store

11. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

I have two accounts, one US and one German.

You can easily switch between the different stores and download and use the apps perfectly fine.

However, you need to switch accounts when looking for updates in the AppStore, and you cannot easily sync apps because your iTunes account can only be logged in one account at a time.

12. nlr macrumors 6502

Can I use my UK debit card on a us account to get some vouchers?

13. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

If you have a US gift card, then it won't ask you for a credit card number and you can put a dummy address for the billing address. That's what I did when I opened an account with the Japanese store and it worked perfectly.