Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yly3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Hi!

So here is the case. Friend bought me the new iPhone but it had issues so I went to the Apple Store and got it exchanged. As you know, the exchanged iPhone is under my name now so can I buy Apple Care ? I will want to keep the 4S untill it dies.

Cheers

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, you can purchase applecare for it at any time before the 1st full year of owning the device expires.
Applecare+ is a different story, I think you have to buy it at the same time with the phone.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Yes, you can:
How to get AppleCare+

AppleCare+ must be purchased together with your new iPhone. To buy it, add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.

Note: Through November 14, AppleCare+ can be purchased by customers who:

Pre-ordered iPhone 4 (8GB) or iPhone 4S
Purchased an iPhone (any model) on or after October 14, 2011 (proof of purchase date may be required)

Contact us at 1-800-275-2273 to purchase AppleCare+.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575

yly3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Hold on. I didn't even know there was an Apple Care+. What's so fancy about it ? And according to apple.com I CAN'T get the + anymore since 2 days passed since the exchange. So ?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Hold on. I didn't even know there was an Apple Care+. What's so fancy about it ? And according to apple.com I CAN'T get the + anymore since 2 days passed since the exchange. So ?

You can get it, you just need the receipt.

silver8ack

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010

AppleCare+ is for iPhones. Don't know what to tell you about the exchange, but I added applecare+ a week after I bought the iPhone 4S. Have to call the number.

xdbuix

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Virginia
yea i got mine a week after. I coudlnt get it day off cuz of apple's server crashes apparently not being able to take all the apple cares

yly3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
You can get it, you just need the receipt.

Well that's the point of the topic. I do not have any receipt. I only have an email from Apple to confirm that the new iPhone was replaced under my Apple ID so theoretically it is mine now, right ? Can I buy Apple Care only with this mail ?

Coxey70

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Can I buy Applecare + if I'm buying the phone via Vodafone (UK)? Or is this a Apple store only purchase? If so can you do it online?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.