Can I buy Mac Pro and ACD now? :-)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Glenn Wolsey, May 29, 2007.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I've found a great deal at a local reseller where if I purchase a mac pro and ACD together, I get a $600 discount - the deal ends on the 9th of June. My question to you, is it silly to purchase right now when WWDC is almost here even though I'm totally happy with the current technology?

I'm more than happy to take the leap and go and purchase it, especially since I see updates quite a while away, LED displays don't come large enough for a 23" panel yet? Correct?

Basically, should I buy a Mac Pro and 2 x 23" Apple Cinema Displays now by taking advantage of this discount and start enjoying the hardware?

Thanks in advance.
    Glenn.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's a tough one. your taking a small risk by buying now, but saving money. if you're fine with it, then get it. but you have to consider how you will feel if they update anything on June 11

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I would say yes. I don't expect much to change in the Mac Pro until later this year. I doubt they will change to the SS chipset or reduce the CPU prices soon. It would be nice, but I expect that WWDC will focus more on software, i.e. more Leopard features, and iLife, and new MacBook Pros and iMacs. As for the displays there may be a revision soon, but not LEDs at that size, and nothing so substatial that considering the discount it would be worth passing up your deal. You will be very happy with it.

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

If you're satisfied with the current tech, then I say go for it. Sure, there might be updates, but if the current Mac Pro already handles all that you need it to do, then why pass up the discount?

5. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

what's more important to you, price or current tech?
    What will you be able to do with that saved $600? upgrade the RAM etc and end up with a faster Mac than any potential updated mac?