Can I buy the new iPad on March 19?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lanspawlo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. lanspawlo macrumors newbie

I don't plan on waiting in line on the launch day of the new iPad and will probably wait for a few days. I plan to buy on Monday, March 19 since there would be less people in the weekday. Will the Apple stores still have stock by then?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

They receive shipments in the morning, before the store opens, if they are lucky. I doubt they would have any left over from the night before, but if you wanted one you would have to line up very early because there will still be tons of people wanting it, just like you.

3. lanspawlo thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably they won't last until the afternoon, right?

4. SgtBullmoose macrumors member

Probably not

5. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

If you want one quickly you should have preordered. At this point I say your chances of getting one on Monday are 1℅ unless you line up early and Apple happens to have a shipment come in.

Seriously, why not pre order when you had the chance?

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

They'll last about 30 minutes. Everyone will want one still and they just won't have enough.

7. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

It depends on the size you want. I predict the 32GB will be the most popular. 16GB and 64GB will be the "leftovers" if anything, because not many people want 16GB (too little space) and 64GB may be "too expensive" (It's $810 CAN here).