Can I buy the new iPad on March 19?

lanspawlo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Philippines
I don't plan on waiting in line on the launch day of the new iPad and will probably wait for a few days. I plan to buy on Monday, March 19 since there would be less people in the weekday. Will the Apple stores still have stock by then?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I don't plan on waiting in line on the launch day of the new iPad and will probably wait for a few days. I plan to buy on Monday, March 19 since there would be less people in the weekday. Will the Apple stores still have stock by then?
They receive shipments in the morning, before the store opens, if they are lucky. I doubt they would have any left over from the night before, but if you wanted one you would have to line up very early because there will still be tons of people wanting it, just like you.

lanspawlo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Philippines
They receive shipments in the morning, before the store opens, if they are lucky. I doubt they would have any left over from the night before, but if you wanted one you would have to line up very early because there will still be tons of people wanting it, just like you.
Probably they won't last until the afternoon, right?

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
If you want one quickly you should have preordered. At this point I say your chances of getting one on Monday are 1℅ unless you line up early and Apple happens to have a shipment come in.

Seriously, why not pre order when you had the chance?

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
It depends on the size you want. I predict the 32GB will be the most popular. 16GB and 64GB will be the "leftovers" if anything, because not many people want 16GB (too little space) and 64GB may be "too expensive" (It's $810 CAN here).