Can I Buy Verizon Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohsnaphappy, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

I was just wondering how to buy a Verizon phone as an At&T customer? My local Apple Store has the Verizon phone in stock, and as far as I know, Verizon phones work on ALL networks, unlike the At&T phone, which is gsm only. But when I go to order the Verizon phone, the Apple Store App tries to verify my Verizon account...and I don't have one...

2. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Go to your local Apple Store and pay full price for the model you want.

4. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

I just got my A1660 Model Unlocked sim-free at my local Apple Store yesterday, the rep told me they had just arrived. I returned my A1778 model since I was still under my 14 days. Paid full price and Done ! They didn't ask me anything about by account or anything related. I guess since its sim-free, paid in full and unlocked they don't bother. Good Luck !

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

6. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

You can't reserve one online unless you are a Verizon customer. But anyone can go to an Apple store and pay full retail for a Verizon iPhone.

However, there is no need to do that any more since the SIM free model has been released. Just buy a SIM free model.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You actually can reserve online without being a Verizon customer and if you reserve under the iUP reservation link it doesn't ask you for one. Just your phone number and your Apple ID is needed. I've done this when I used to be in att and was able to reserve a Verizon model. But to do an in store pick up, then it is required. Since they have you pay at the check out.

To OP use the iUP reservation link, which can be found on istocknow.com and reserve the one you have a preference on and pick up. Do note that the confirmation e-mail states that you must currently be an iUP member but it depends on whom you get. Some don't even have an issue having you pay outright.

Also do note that the sim-free models are not available for any store pick up and is an online order only at the moment.

8. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

From what I have read it is hit or miss. Some won't let you pay full retail if you aren't currently on the AiUP.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    I would just do this. You may have to wait longer but the inventory situation is getting better every day.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

That's what I said. It depends on who you get as a sales person. I was able to reserve under iUP twice. Once before they changed the e-mail and one after and both times I was able to pay in full price and walk out with the device.

10. ohsnaphappy thread starter macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

I'm headed there today, there's a Verizon jet black I want and I used the iup link you guys provided. I'm hoping I just pay full price with Apple Pay and walk out. When I get home I'll just swap SIM cards and be good to go. (I'd get a SIM free but they're never in stock.)

Seriously, I have the worst Apple Store luck, I've been screamed at on multiple occasions. Once I screamed back and made a fool of myself. Last time, I just walked out while the guy was yelling at me. So I'm guessing if there's any chance they can say NO to my reservation they will :(

11. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

if you pay full price you can walkout with whatever phone you want and pop a SIM in

12. ohsnaphappy thread starter macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

Just to follow up, I had a perfect experience using iup. When Apple Store employees are happy and everything goes like it's supposed to, the Apple Store is a very pleasant experience.

The sales associate was SO excited to sell a jet black 7+. He said he never gets to sell them. He said they just put them out on the floor for the first time a few days ago. He said the only reason I got one is because someone else ordered the phone 6-8 weeks ago and canceled recently - leaving it on the shelf for me to purchase. He was just as excited as me! Reminded me of my old Apple Store experiences in the mid to late 2000's when employees were real fans :)

13. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Yup. I bought the Verizon iP 7 Plus and using it on TMobile. No issues!