iPhone XS Can I buy "Without Carrier" iPhone then use ATT- What is the process?

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
With my Employee Discount, I get an extra 25 bucks off by buying the no carrier version. I already paid off my current ATT phone and am not on any NEXT plan. If I want to get the iPhone XS and buy the non carrier version, how does it work? Do I just throw in my existing sim card, can I possible avoid the 30$ upgrade ATT fee?

Thanks in advance.

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, you can buy the sim free (non carrier) version, and just insert your AT&T sim, and it'll work fine, no ugrade fee. I've done this many times.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
With my Employee Discount, I get an extra 25 bucks off by buying the no carrier version. I already paid off my current ATT phone and am not on any NEXT plan. If I want to get the iPhone XS and buy the non carrier version, how does it work? Do I just throw in my existing sim card, can I possible avoid the 30$ upgrade ATT fee?

Thanks in advance.
Your an employee and don’t know!?!?

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
As someone that has been with ATT for over a decade, I haven't needed their permission to switch phones since the first iPhone. As long as your current sim is a nano, just put it into whichever phone you buy and off you go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.