Can I can cancel my Apple.com order and get one in a store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MorganB, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MorganB macrumors member

So my Apple.com order is still processing. I ordered mine on the second day so I didn't expect it to come on day one but I thought it might have shipped by now. If I cancel the order will it release my upgrade for use again or will I have to go through a world of hurt with AT&T to get my upgrade back?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

At minimum you'll have to wait the few days it takes to reinstate your upgrade status. Then you can go in-store and hope that they have the one you desire in stock, which after a few days might be extremely unlikely.

3. Double Eagle, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

Double Eagle macrumors newbie

I have the same question.

I ordered via the Apple store last weekend. My order says "Preparing for Shipment - Not eligible to cancel or return." My wife will be going to a city with an Apple store in a few days and she would like to pick one up at the Apple store rather than waiting "one to two weeks." So, is it possible to cancel and buy at the store? If so, how?

Edit: Got a shipping confirmation from Apple overnight. My phone is enroute from China with delivery scheduled for Thursday. Glad I ordered direct from Apple as Sprint is still showing OOS.

4. MorganB thread starter macrumors member

Mine came today which isn't too bad. I ordered on the 8th.