Can I cancel MBP that has shipped? (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joefinan, Mar 5, 2008.

1. joefinan macrumors 6502a

I ordered a MBP via Apple online cos I get a discount but the laptop has only just shipped from CHINA!! I need it this weekend so am happy to pay full price at my local apple store.

Does anyone know - can I now cancel it and not incur any costs? It's not built-to-order.

Thanks all.

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

probably not. You could always not accept it. Give apple a bell.

3. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I think you just need to send it back once its arrived...

Log onto the apple store and check your order, see if you can cancel it, or ask for a returns label...?

4. Schizophrenic macrumors member

now that it has shipped, i believe you can only return it within the first 14 days

5. Mott macrumors newbie

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/help/uk/consumer/returns.html

How can I return my item?

Returns can be arranged via our online Self Service website.
    Please visit our Step-by-Step Guide to learn how to return an item online.

Returns are subject to Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy. If you change your mind, you can return your Standard or Configured-to-Order hardware to us within 14 calendar days of delivery. Software returns are also accepted within this period, but only if the software package is unopened. If you purchased a product between October 31, 2007 - December 24, 2007, you may return items up to January 8, 2008.

If you do wish to return your order, or just certain items from it, please use our online Self Service website or contact us. Be sure to to provide the following details:

* Your Web Order Number.
    * The full address from where we can collect the goods.
    * A contact phone number
    * A preferred time for our carriers to call

On receipt of your e-mail, we will provide you with a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number. Indicating this number clearly on the packaging of the goods you are returning will help ensure that your returns are processed quickly. Customers returning unwanted goods during this 14-day remorse period will incur a charge for collection and processing. The following transportation charges will apply:

1. If the total purchase price of the Product(s) returned is less than £300 excluding VAT the charge payable by you for the return is £20.00 (inclusive of VAT).
    2. If the total purchase price of the Product(s) is more than £300 excluding VAT the charge payable by you for the return is £60.00 (inclusive of VAT).

The appropriate transportation charge will be deducted from your refund payment once the Product(s) has/have been inspected and deemed complete and in good condition by Apple.

Please visit Section 7 of our terms and condition for comprehensive information about what items can be returned.