can i cancel my o2 iphone contract????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinylkiller, Jun 4, 2008.

1. vinylkiller macrumors member

ok i am swapping my iphone for a n95 and was wondering if i can cancel my o2 contract,i mean i paid £269 for the phone but i have a 18 month contract can anyone help me.can i cancel and will i have to pay anything????

2. sananda macrumors 68020

you'll have to pay the total of the monthly payments due until the end of the contract.

3. ScoobyDoofus macrumors member

Yeah, you signed a contract to receive service for a minimum period of time, you have to honour it I'm afraid. Maybe if you call up and speak to them, they'll do you a deal. Don't count on it though!

4. vinylkiller thread starter macrumors member

i have been a long term customer and i am not happy as of recent

5. ScoobyDoofus macrumors member

Unless they've done something to invalidate the contract - such as not providing the service you pay for - you don't really have a leg to stand on. You signed to say you will pay them for 18 months, you have to pay them for 18 months.

As I said, call them, explain your situation, they might knock a couple of months off. But they have no incentive to do so; you owe them the money at the end of the day.

6. sreedy macrumors 6502a

If it's just the handset you aren't happy with then can't you put the O2 sim in the N95? Or do you want to start a new N95 contract to get the phone free?

I've found that if you ask you might get what you want, the contract will say you need to honour the period or pay the contract up, but as a loyal customer they are sometimes flexible if you plan to stay with them.

EDIT: I'll swap you! I want rid of my N95 and want an iPhone :)

7. vinylkiller thread starter macrumors member

already have a guy swapping with me but i would have accepted ur offer,i wouldn't mind them giving me another and staying with my contract that would help