Can I change iCal's "Today" color

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I am having a terrible time seeing the difference in color that iCal shows for the "Today" color. To my eye it is a barely perceptible very light shade of blue.

Is there any way to make it darker or a different more contrasting color??

2. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

This is a good question. I too have been wondering about this. I use iCal all the time and have a hard time seeing the day of the week in "Month View". I don't like the pale blue highlight as there isn't any contrast. MC

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I see I am not the only one. Also, if the LCD monitor is not at the perfect angle, this color shade vanishes!! There must be a way to change it......

4. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Have you guy's tried to adjust your monitor settings? They could be way out of sync.

5. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

Thanks, I have my display set to Adobe RGB (1998). This seems to be the best all around setting for me. Also as Mike stated, if one is not at the correct angle the pale blue disappears. When I reduce the iCal window the pale blue looks good. Overall I am pleased with my display. MC

6. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

My monitor (iMac 20" Aluminum) is actually still at the factory settings. I have never changed them. Everything else seems to be perfect, just this one setting.

I am really surprised that this doesn't seem to be able to be changed that easily or at all..... :(

7. enosphere macrumors newbie

that's kind of sad

this has always bothered me. i don't think i should have to consider my display calibration just in order to be able to see the damn day highlighted. grumble. at least i feel less crazy knowing that there are other people out there that have this issue. otherwise, i love iCal.

8. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

well i can confirm that this color is NOT in the resources files.