Can I change iPhoto's default application font?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Happii, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Happii macrumors newbie

Hello :)

Is it possible to change iPhoto's default font? I am running Lion and using iLife 2011. As you can see in the picture below, Turkish and Japanese characters appear bolder, which is super annoying :mad: This wasn't the case in the previous version of iPhoto. The other iLife applications don't have this problem as far as I am concerned. I think the default font that iPhoto is currently using (because the font was different in the previous version) is causing this. Is there a way to change it?

[​IMG]

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

More likely you have some font corruption. Open Font Book in your Applications folder and look for duplicates (Edit -> Look for Enabled Duplicates) and validate your fonts (Select All, then File -> Validate Fonts). See if that comes up with any problems.

jW

3. Happii thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip Mal. But I already did that a while ago. I opened Font Book again and did as you told and there were no duplicates or warning signs next to any font.

Any other suggestions?

4. Happii thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Happii thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I reinstalled Lion and iLife 2011 from scratch. I checked the Fontbook again everything seems to be fine there. Aaaaaand.... Turkish and Japanese characters still appear bolder :( But I discovered that when I select "Large" for Source Text under iPhoto>Preferences, all characters have the same weight. I would prefer the text smaller but I guess it's better than some characters appearing bolder than the others. Oh well...